Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

A Day to Remember

Several years ago, my husband bought me a camera for Christmas. The kind that has different lenses and filters. Well, I had no idea what to do with this camera but rather than seem unappreciative, I thought I'd give it a go. During this process, I fell in love with old barns and then old buildings. You know, the kind that have lived their lives and are falling apart. I thought of the histories that they had, the families, the memories. It always makes me appreciate those times. The times when things were simple and families didn't move across the world from each other because they couldn't. When we slowed down and saw the beauty around us.
I came across this image called Nell's Cottage from Beccy's place and you guessed it, fell in love. I wanted to do a Christmas card with it to reflect those simple times and to express what Christmas means to me; celebrating the birth of Jesus: born in a barn, full of love, history and memories. I am so happy with the way it turned out. Happy Holidays to all!




Colored with Prismacolors pencils
embellishment by Jolee
Paper by Paper Studio
Framed using Nestabilities dies
Tag is an altered Nestie
Sentiment by cloud 9- simple thought - memories
Embossing by zing

I am entering into :  Addicted to Stamps Christmas Card
                             Craft your days away Buttons or Bows
                             Creative Card Crew Monochromatic
                             Daisy Doodles Christmas
                             Digital Tuesday Go Green
                             Divas by Design Anything Goes
                             Sparkles Forum Challenge  Vintage Christmas
                             Simon Says Stamps Anything Goes
                             The Ribbon Reel Anything Goes with a Ribbon
                            Sweet Stampin'  Punches and Dies

9 comments:

  1. Very elegant Xmas card. Thanks for joining us at Divas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, very elegant. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles with our vintage Christmas challenge & CYDA with our Button or Bow Challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along at Creative Card Crew Monochromatic challenge!
    Hugs, Ani

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely...such wonderful use of texture! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is stunning, such a beautiful card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card and your coloring looks amazing. Thank you for joining the Divas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Thank you for taking part in CYDA's Buttons or Bows challenge and Sparkles Forum Vintage Christmas challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dorinda, this is a beautiful card & I love how you think. Life has got so fast & we need to take more time to smell the roses. Thanks for sharing over at Sweet Stampin', sorry I'm a little late dropping by x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.