Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love is in the air

I found this gorgeous image a while ago at The Sherlocks Home(you can find her new store here) and had been waiting for just the right time to create something with it. My darling husband gifted me with the time when he informed me a friend of his was getting married. I got to add some personality to this one and I just love it. Hope they will have many years of wonderfulness.

Basic white card stock is used. Background embossed with Swiss dots then spray with glimmer mist. The border is a MS punch on top of mirror board. Flowers are Prima with an added on from stash. The rings are charms.
What is actually colored, is in copics. The flowers in her hair are so tiny and I wanted them to really pop. What I finally did was a coarse glitter and then colored over that with a copic. The real life effect is amazing. I did the same with her buttons without coloring back over them.
The lace is from stash. I used versamark and Ranger holographic embossing powder. I am so in love with that stuff.
Double hearts, again from stash.



My husband teased about the rings, saying how much he could have saved with this pair. The rascal. They are very pretty though.



the interior on the left is done with a MS all over the page punch, embossed again with the holographic and then I used a white powder around the edges with a TPC Studio Brush Strokes Greetings Stamp. I'm not sure you can actually see it in the photo.
The right side is another MS around the page punch with an embossed then glittered card over it. There is also the matching lace from the dress peeking out.
I'll have to check on the sentiment and then post it later. 



The box is used front the same items as the card. I really had to restrain not to keep adding more to the box.
Here is the front


the closed back


And the interior flap of the opened back.

 

Of course, in the wonderful winter, there was not enought sun to bling out all the glitter. I do love that stuff :-)

However,  I hope you enjoyed my Love.

Have a great Day!!!

I am entering into
Addicted to Stamps - Valentine/Love
Cupcake Craftroom- New Beginnings
Daisy Doodles - Romance
Ribbon Carousel - Anything Goes
Sentimental Sunday - Feel the Love
Scrappers Delights - No theme
Sweet Stampin'  - The one I love
Lothian Crafts - ribbon, flowers, 3 layers and lace
Simon Says - Love is in the Air
Crafting for all Seasons - Love is in the Air
Crafty Calender - Love and Marriage
Crafter's Companion - Anything Goes

24 comments:

  1. Wow Dorinda this is stunning work!

    Thank you for sharing it with us over at Scrapper's Delights Blog Challenge

    Big Hugs Hun

    Love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just stunning! Even the box is beautiful. I have yet to make a wedding card but this did inspire me. Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, Dorinda, with so much lovely detail! The rings are too cute! Thanks for joining us this week at the Papercraft Star Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card your husbands friend will love it. Thanks for joining our challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous wedding card! Very original and I love the rings!, great idea. The inside and the matching box are beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. The interior flap is stunning ! Great idea. Thanks for joining us this week at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful project. Love all the added details. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, so many beautiful details you have created and the stunning 'bride'. Your envelope is just as exquisite.

    Thanks so much for joining us with the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    love
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning creation, just love it! The embellishments you have used are perfect!
    I hope your hubby spends a fortune on you for Valentines Day after that remark lololol!!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creation love the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at delightful challenges this week good luck.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dorinda, your card turned out absolutely lovely! I love the box as well!

    I actually have another blog that is devoted specifically to digis and cards, and have opened a digi store, so I'm still around - I just won't be using the Sherlocks' Home blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you popped into the Cupcake Craftroom this time to share such a gorgeous design with us. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card Dorinda, love all the attention to detail. Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month. Hope to see you again soon. Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!! I love the rings and all of the details on the bride!! Lovely flower bunch too!! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dorinda Thank you so much for your comment, your work is beautiful specially the envelop. I am glad that you want to make this carriage too. with this template. Feel free to ask me any questiones if require. But where I win? Thank you again for your words.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a clean card with the white paper. Great work on the details. Beautiful!

    develop iphone apps

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ho Dorinda thank you so much, I didn't notice that, really I am super excited. Thank you and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card, so pretty :)
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps & Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! It must have taken you ages .. so many little details.

    Thankyou so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us over at Crafting For All Seasons.
    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Craftroom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful wedding card! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges, Hugs Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so darn cute inside and out, front and back. Wow. Glad you joined our BEHIND THE SCENES BLOG HOP!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.