Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

au naturel

I know you've come across an image you couldn't wait to work with. Here's one of my many. Time is not kind to me so 5 minutes here, 10 there. She is finally done.

This stunning Ivy fairy comes from Delicious Doodles
Colored in copics and prisma pencils. Thank you to Melenie Holtz, who inspired my colors. I knew I wanted greens but oh, how this lady can color
Backgrounds are from DCWV Linen closet stack and stash. Distressed with knife and file, then inked on all layers.
Frames are nestabilites. Leaf die from sizzix
Buttons and ribbons from stash.



She felt like someone a man would go for. Hmmm, wonder why, lol. So, I made her for a someone special.



I'm entering her into:
Craft your days away - Just for men/boys + buttons
Crazy Challene - Go Green
 Divas by Design - Distressing
Lothian - two main colors (yes, I'm counting the skintones :-))
Paper Creations Ink - Things with Wings
Sweet Stampin' - Lots of Green
Sparkle - Mother's Day or Spring
Digital Tuesday- Life is Peachy (cause me with my honey is so peachy)




16 comments:

  1. A lovely card - your colouring is stunning. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is amazing, fab card for a man!

    Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away this fortnight.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great coloring, i love the card
    thanks for joining us at the crazy challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, amazing coloring ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, wonderful image and brilliant colouring!

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful - what a stunning creation! :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is stunning!

    Thankyou for joining us at SMC - hope to see you again soon

    Good luck in the draw

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply awesome! Your colouring on the gorgeous fairy is perfect!! Love it :)
    Thanks so much for joining us PaperCreations Ink Challenges:)
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is beautiful! Love your coloring, it feels like the wings are "popping" out of the card :) Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your play on green with this beautiful creation, Dorinda! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, I love your card, Dorinda, the greens are amazing. I agree with you, Melanie Holtz is a real inspiration, her work is incredible.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a nice comment.....to answer your question, I use Make It Colour paper or Bristol Board for my colouring. I have other papers too that are good, but these are the ones I use most of the time. My leprechaun was done on the Make It Colour paper. CoB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work sweetie your colouring is awesome thanks for sharing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous hun...and thanks for joining us at Divas too..

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at CYDA. Great card

    Hugs

    Nat x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Goldensky
    Dominez votre niche avec un référencement optimal de votre site Internet. Résultat garanti.

    Janet R. Ward
    2199 Coal Street
    Erie, PA 16510
    022 575 47 85
    JanetRWard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.