Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

bling it on

It's been a while. Summer and the kids are home. Family is always first. I still try at nap time to keep on the watch so I don't completely lose myself from the art world.

Krista Smith, who is such an inspiration, sent out a freebie and I've never met a Saturated Canary I didn't like so...had to create. I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked but I also didn't want to miss an opportunity to enter one of her challenges as I've not done so yet.

Here is the beautiful "fancy"


Hopefully, you can view her and the colors not too blurred. the computer I used to use died. Along with a lot of info but...I digress.
Now, I have to use my laptop, which I love, but I can't tell the clarity of my pics.

Anyway, she is colored in copics, the bottome portion of her dress was masked and versamark glitter pad applied.
Her frame cut of with spellbinders, embossed, then chalked.
hair decorations are swarovski crystals.
Letters of the Sentiment are from Sizzix, frame is edged with a gold emboss.
The lower pink flower is WOC glued onto a mesh pick. the other is from a pack that I can't remember at the moment
Papers are random from stash

I'm keeping it quick cause the little guys are waking up. But I created her for a special occasion. My darling niece is now Sweet 16. Happy Birthday Taryn.

I'm entering her into Krista's challenge at Saturated Canary - Bling it On
                                  Addicted to Stamp - A card for someone special
                                  Craftroom Cupcake - Layers
                                  Ribbon Carousel - Color me Happy
                                

8 comments:

  1. Hello Dorinda! This is such a pretty make - I love your hair coluring especially and the embellishing brilliant!

    You asked about my images - I fussy cut them out using my Tim Holtz serrated scissors - they are brilliant for control! Hope that helps - just pop on by again if you have any other questions!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiyah dorinda!! this is such a cute card hun and I love the rainbow writing
    thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design. Thanks for sharing with the Cupcake Craftroom. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie, love your creation its beautiful, thank you for joining us at Saturated Canary this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cars and such a pretty image
    Thanks for joining us over at ATSC
    Hugs
    Tasha
    Xxxxzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dorinda thank you so much for like me at Facebook, and your work is just fantastic, this is so pretty,I love your flower too.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love this image! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Carousel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.