Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Apple Annie

The month is half through and I've been struggling to make "wood".
Yep, wood.
Another incredible challenge at Make it Crafty's Make it Colourful.
Always two choices. Pick one or both.
The easy version is to practise coloring flowers and/or trees.
The Hard Challenge...Wood
I do love a challenge though and the inspiration team have outdone themselves on this one.
So, without further ramble, here's my project
I've used several images from the Country Cottage Collection

The scene has been colored in copics
I found a burlap covered frame from home basics. I've used this as my base for a hanging picture.
Using a wood grain embossing folding to create texture to the maroon card stock,
distressed and Ranger DI to highlight the grain for the frame.
Upholstery brads at the comers
The tag sentiment is a sticker. I've distressed and inked tag then tied it up with a checkered ribbon.
Burlap flowers from paper studio are colored with copics to match the images
A vial of flower soft cause who doesn't love a nice potpourri laying around ;)
handkerchief folded burlap ribbon in the corner and a few other extras, We are good to go.
 
I hope you enjoyed the country trip.  I'm ready for the hammock...
 
Here's some close ups of the embellie
 
 
 
I'd like to enter into:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. So much lovely detail here. Everytime you look you see something else!

    Thank you for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "wood" You did a fantastic job! Thanks for joining us at Scribble and Scrap. I hope you will come back soon.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, thanks for joining at The Squirrel & The fox with our Spring/Autumn challenge Hugs Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic project, love the details and the materials you used. thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely country touches and texture. A lovely card, thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the detail you've added!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.