Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Holiday Spirit

Hello all, it's been just over a year since I began with Southern Ridge Trading Company.
One thing that remains the same whether coloring, chipboard or anything in life;
  I like different.
Don't get me wrong, I learn loads from others but I like doing it my way.
With chipboard, there are endless ways to decorate the pieces.
I never stop looking for something new to do with them
 last year, I did a video tutorial using glitter making ornaments.
This year, I wanted to revisit that and try a new technique; Foil Art.
 
I took lots of pic, sorry no video lol. that was nerve wracking and I stuttered and stumbled.

 
__________________________________________________________________________________ 
 
I used 3D ornaments with my foil art opal to start with.










 ________________________________________________________________________________



I cut my sheet just large enough to cover









 _________________________________________________________________________________


The directions of the foil art glue say to apply and let dry; up to 2 hours. After doing this, I lay the pieces together and pressed it down.










 _________________________________________________________________________________




Using my heat gun, I carefully heated to foil to help it adhere.

(I later found out the my flat iron works too)







___________________________________________________________________________________


Seriously gorgeous.











 _________________________________________________________________________________




Moving on to the bottom portion; I wanted to try some flock.
Keeping my ornament on the delicate side, I choose I pink, glittered version by Paper Studio
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 After applying glue and covering; gently burnish by rubbing with your finger to smooth it around and into all the areas.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
One of my very favorite tools is this versamark pen. It's perfect for all the little areas I like to get into.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 _________________________________________________________________________________
  
 
 It's so easy to apply the versamark just where I need it.
Like right here, on the ornaments top.
 
 
 
 
_________________________________________________________________________________

 
I use Zing embossing powder. I've chosen Gold Metallic
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
After heat setting this is my finished bottom
_________________________________________________________________________________
 
 Totally Loved it so much, I went back and got another foil color.
 

 Here's my finished products from different view. Metallic is a tough one to photograph.
 



 
 
 
These are perfect to add to a card for embellishments, Baby's first ornament tag, cover both sides and hang from YOUR tree and so much more.
 
I hope you enjoyed my little play and try it yourself. Let me know how you go with it. I am always welcome to ideas.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.