Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Beautiful Birds in Winter

Yes, Macaws can thrive in winter if they are acclimated to it.
How amazing would it be to see with the snow all around?

I love coloring birds.
Although I don't believe I've ever combined a DT Challenge, this one went perfect together.
 MiC challenge is "Feathers"
 
Using one of the gorgeous new Beautiful Birds


 
Colored up with Copics
R39, 17, 14
Y38
YR07
YG09
B18, 16, 14
C10
Edges were distressed and Inked then frantage added.
 
Adding some "Winter" Pine Cones with frantage to keep in theme of our challenge at SRTC.
 
I also added some Maple Branch.
 
I know, leaves in Winter?
Well, we've just returned from AZ and I promise they have full leaved trees.
 
On the leave, I've drawn in some veining then inked the edges for shadow.
Finally adding some gesso with a brush to add some snow.
 
I also added a bit of MiC flourish called Floral Swirls.
 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really beautiful work, you have done good job here. Beautiful use of colors, it looks amazing, thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, you made it to perfection. Loved it, going to share it with my friends as well. Can you tell us how to order it? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much.
    All the product links are available on this post

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.