Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Peacocks all a glow

Have you ever noticed how much the feathers of a peacocks shimmer?
I'm sure you have. I know I have.
I just love how nature produces such wonders
I set myself a challenge to "try" and replicate the shimmer of the Peacock.
 
 
 
I'm quite thrilled with it.
Sadly, this is one of those instances that the picture doesn't capture the effect.
 



 

 
I used Derwent Inktense pencils to get both; the nice blended look and the controlled paint stroke.
The colors used:
Bird: Deep Indigo, Sea Blue, Dark Aquamarine
Felt Green, Apple Green, Sherbert Lemon
Prisma Verithin Black
Leaves: Vivid Green, Iron Green
Branch: Bark, Madder Brown, Willow, Amber, Tan
Flowers: Fuchsia,
Twinkling H2Os in Blue Zircon, Mustard Green, Sweet Alfalfa

1 comment:

  1. Love your cards! You are very talented! I hope one day to be a colorist and artist as good as you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.