Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

To Color or Not to Color

Dorinda today with my LDRS Creative project to inspire.

I wanted to keep this little cutie CAS.
So, I thought I'd do something extra CAS and not color her.
Or
color white.

I've seen some awesome "white" coloring in my days, but alas, I'm still a rookie.
Let's learn a little bit together.
A while back, I found a really cool explanation that when coloring non living objects,
use your cools.
When coloring living objects, use warms.
Makes sense but what to do with N and T?
The answer is anything you want.
Seriously!
The thing with coloring white is we make it too hard.
We really aren't coloring the object at all; only the shadowed area to give it dimension.

As you can see, you can go lighter or darker with your shadows.
Whatever you like or whatever your project needs.
Overall, it's just like everything else; using at least a dark, middle and light color.
The darkest being in the deepest creases or furthest from the light; then working toward the light source with your mediums and the lightest color goes closest to the light source.
Notice the puffiest portion of the hats; That's gonna be the lightest.
You can always take some colorless blender and lighten it up a bit; add some white gel pen or your favorite "highlight" method.
I hope you think about "to color or not to color" on your next project.
Remember it's only paper.
Enjoy yourself and play!!!
copics used:
Skin: E91, 11, 21, 00, 000, RV10
Hair: E59, 57, 55, Y21
Dress: B28, 26, 24, 21
"White": C6, 4, 1, 000
Mouse: W6, 4, 1, 0
Cake: E29, 25,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.