Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Warm Wishes

Happy Day, Dorinda here with this little cuddle bug called North Pole
Dies I've added are;  Creative Basics - Basic Cutting Edge Border
Creative Basics - Basic Background Builder I

This set is so precious.
I Iove how I have the choice to add extra touches; like the santa hat.
And did you notice they come with their own dies to cut each piece out?
How awesome it that?

When I was coloring these, I knew exactly what I wanted to create.
However, it took my brain several days to figure out how to do it.
I love thinking outside the box and using dies for different things.
So, with my Ah ha moment, I took the Majestic Frame Die Set and a paper that
graduates from blue to brown.
Turing the paper so the blue remained at the top,
I cut my background out.
Now came the tricky part. How to make a little pointy top house with a Square piece?
Hmmmm. I'll put that aside and work on the other pieces.
I love using the straight piece from Basic Background Builder I 
and it made the perfect piece I needed for the house roof.
Laying my pieces inside and finding their placement,
I was able to mark the point where the bottom would need to be removed.
So cute but I needed sides. 
Here was the real ah ha, the scalloped edge of Basic Cutting Edge Border
 made the perfect addition to my house. 
As the die is intended to remain attached to an edge,
I simply took my cutter and popped it off.
This die is one of my favorites because I can lay my cut piece back inside and make it
have less scallops with a nice cut edge remaining.
I added some black pop ups for the scallops and doubled the pop ups for the roof. 
Now I've got some nice dimension.
I cut the Majestic Frame Die Set once again from a thick cardstock.
This helped make the delicate portion sturdy.


But I'm not done. 
I actually colored some other pieces and they are going in my house.
So open we go for a charming little inside.


I hope you enjoyed my project today.
I know I loved making it.
Big Warm Hugs,
Dorinda

1 comment:

  1. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something which helped me. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for spending time in My Little World today. I do hope you enjoyed your stay.